Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What should I eat?

So I had a friend request this post.  He asked: What can I eat?  I want to give everyone a variety of things that are great and where you can purchase them(thanks Michael Moushey)


First of all, I love this one! Simple easy and healthy


  • Minute Brown rice, you throw some rice and water in a pot and boil it, super simple, super super filling!  Taste good and it's made from whole grains! Add this to any veggie dish and you'll be full to the brim! I don't know what it is about rice but it's filling!! Just be sure you get Brown 100% whole grain rice! 





  • I was asked what kind of chips are best.  I'm really not sure, but in my opinion I would say sun chips.  They are made from whole grains and are full of fiber.  Stick to only a handful, eating the whole bag isn't going to do you good.  I recommend separating them into baggies with the correct serving to be sure not to over eat. 











  • I just discovered this yesterday! Almond milk.  It's not bad! I like it for smoothies.  You can use it in cereal, chocolate milk, smoothies, protein shakes.  It's full of protein, and about 50-70 calories for 1 cup!! Can't go wrong!






  • All natural peanut butter.  I found this brand at Whole Foods Markets.  It doesn't taste as good as regular peanut butter, but It's much better for your body, plus it includes flax seed.  Do not eat more then two tablespoons per serving.  Don't eat low fat peanut butter, the fats in peanut butter are really great for you!








Sushi!  It's a bit expensive, but worth it, full of vitamin and fish is rich in Omega-3. Be sure to find a clean sushi bar, as raw fish needs to be handled properly!  I bought this platter at Schnucks.  It wasn't too bad but for $10, I would just head to a fresh sushi bar! 







This is a shrimp stir fry I made.  Very clean, and SUPER tasty.  It's just fresh ready to cook frozen shrimp.  I'm sure you can also buy shrimp at the counter as well.  It's chopped jalapeno peppers, green and red peppers, broccoli, ginger root, cayenne pepper, honey, soy sauce, olive oil, sea salt, pepper.  I have a tendency to to just throw stuff in a pan and hope for the best(It is usually amazing).  I'd say about a teaspoon of oil, about a tablespoon of honey and soy sauce.  The rest I would season to your liking, the more cayenne pepper you add the spicier!! This was really good though!!










keywords: How to lose weight, I am obese, I need to lose weight, How to lose inches, Healthy eating habits, all natural food, whole foods, I want to lose weight,weightloss, weightloss tips, healthiest chips, healthiest milk

No comments:

Post a Comment